Another year has passed and I must again add 1 to my age and try to remember it. That’s right, it was my Birthday this month and to be honest I’m feeling rather old. I’m getting a little too close to 30, for my liking. But on the bright side, at least my hair hasn’t turned grey (Glob, has it had so many reasons to turn grey).
Last year I did a special bucket list post and I kind of wanted to keep the special B-day post thing going. So, I wrecked my brain for ideas and thought to myself, “what could I possibly write about. I can’t do a what I’ve learnt in over a quarter of a century post or an advice post. I’m still trying to work this world out.” Then something occurred to me. Apart from things like family, having a roof over me head and food in my belly, it’s really the silly little things in life, that keeps me happy. Screw bags loads of money and a big house, if someone came and took away the silly little things, living would quickly become very miserable.
So, on that point I thought it would nice to share with you guys the silly things, that make me happy and that life wouldn’t be the same without.
1. The first cup of coffee of the day- Glob, words cannot express the incredible feeling of the first cup of coffee of the day. Maybe it’s just because I’m addicted to caffeine but fudge it’s a great feeling. It just makes facing the world seem that little less daunting and cures my serious case of morning grumpys and wanting the world to bugger off.
2. Dogs- I’m just going to say it; the world would be sh*te without dogs. They’re just these little happy creatures, that have this magical ability to instantly cheer people up. They don’t even have to try at it. By just being a dog and doing doggy things, they lift people’s mood and make them feel happy. Not to mention dog cuddles are the best.
3. Messing with paint- There’s just nothing more relaxing than messing and spreading paint around a page. I might not create anything I’d be willing to share on this blog or with anyone else, but the feeling of peace and contentment I get from it, is enough for me.
4. Anime- I’ve often thought of creating a post about why I love anime, but never got around to it. Anyway, the reason it’s made it onto my list is that without anime, I’d be an incredibly lost little soul. I know it’s silly (it’s made it onto a silly things list, so of course it’s silly), but anime is one of the very few things that can distract my catastrophizing brain and allow me to relax. When watching anime, I genuinely feel happy. I’d fall into the bottomless pit of misery without it.
5. Beautiful Anime Men and the Fan Art- Hmmm…. Yeah, the less said about this, the better. The personalities, the fan art, the otome games, the eye-candy, it’s all pretty amazing. I could possibly be that sort of anime fan but screw it, I’m only human.
6. Chocolate- In all seriousness, I don’t think I could cope without chocolate. It’s my little mood booster and without it, I probably would have died of sadness by now.
7. The armchair in front of the fire- It’s my safe zone. When I’m sitting in my armchair like a king, the world could go get sucked into a black-hole, for all I care. The fact it’s right next to the fire, just makes it all the sweeter.
8. Wandering Aimlessly Around the Woods- Spending a few hours (or a good part of the day), just walking in the silence of the woods, with only the odd sound of wildlife. With a dog or two for company/safety, not really caring where you’ll walking, too, is pretty darn relaxing and peaceful. Nothing clears your head like it.
9. Weird Stuff- Can’t get enough of the weird stuff. It’s just so fascinating. Weird animals, weird anime, movies, books, psychology and unusual people (the best type of people, in my opinion). There’s just so much that can be learnt from it. The world would be so very dull without weird stuff.10. Going for drives in the car- Okay, I’m beginning to see why my friend says, I’m like a wee lovable Likes going for walks, sitting by the fire, going in the car, likes having my hair pet (but pretends not too) and is easily excited. Yeah, that sounds like I’m a puppy alright. But hey at least I’m a lovable one. Besides I do all my best singing to the radio, in the car.
Thanks for reading the 10 silly things that life just wouldn’t be the same without. Hope you’ve enjoyed it and if you have any silly things that life wouldn’t be the same without, feel free to share them in the comments below.
I’m off now, to play frisbee and chase a cat.